||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Veikko Aaltonen in 2013.
1 December 1955 |
|Occupation||director, editor, sound editor, production manager, film and television writer and actor|
Aaltonen began his career in the mid-1970s working as a sound editor on various films. Early in his career he worked with Rauni Mollberg as co-writer on two of his films, Milka (1980) and The Unknown Soldier (1985).
In 1987 Aaltonen directed his first feature film, Tilinteko, which he co-wrote with Aki Kaurismäki, who also produced the film. Five years later he directed a film that has been considered his primary breakthrough, The Prodigal Son (1992).
Aaltonen has also made documentaries and directed TV series.
- The Worthless (Arvottomat, 1982) – actor
- Crime and Punishment (Rikos ja rangaistus, 1983) – editor
- The Unknown Soldier (Tuntematon sotilas, 1985) – co-writer
- La Vie de Bohème (1992) – editor
- Our Father... (Isä meidän, 1993) – director, writer, editor
- Seasick (1996) – director, co-editor
- Kiss Me in the Rain (Rakkaudella, Maire, 1999) – director, editor
- Maa (2001) – director, editor, writer
- Työväenluokka (2004) – director, writer, editor
- Paimenet (2004) – director, writer
- Trench Road (Juoksuhaudantie, 2004) – director, writer
- Uudisraivaaja (2005) – director
- Sydänjää (2007) – director
- Harvoin tarjolla (2008) – director
- Helppo elämä (television drama series, 2009–2011) – director
- Kansan mies (television drama series, 2013– ) – director
- "Aaltosen dokumentti: Maa" (in Finnish). Yle TV1. 2010-06-21.
- "Veikko Aaltonen: Työväenluokka" (in Finnish). Yle TV1. 2010-04-28.
- "Veikko Aaltoselle ja Klaus Härölle kirkon kulttuuripalkinto". Kirkko ja kaupunki (in Finnish). Finnish Lutheran Parish of Helsinki. 2006-12-04.
|This article about a Finnish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|