|Labels||Closed Casket Activities, Threat Collective|
|Members||Anthony DiDio (vocals) |
Jeremy Martin (guitar)
Jon Lhaubouet (bass)
Josh Butts (guitar)
Matt Wood (drums)
Vein is a hardcore punk band from Boston, Massachusetts that formed in 2013. They are known for their frequent tours and have performed shows with groups such as Code Orange and Twitching Tongues while in Europe. In 2017 the band was signed onto Closed Casket Activities, who would issue their first full-length work Errorzone to warm reception among critics, even appearing on Revolvers early "Best Albums of 2018" list. The album also managed to peak at #21 in Billboard charts' Hard Rock album chart.
The band's sound is a variation of hardcore punk with influences from screamo, mathcore, drum and bass, nu metal, and horror soundtracks to films and games. with Errorzone especially noted for its nu metal sound.
- Studio albums
- Errorzone (2018, Closed Casket Activities)
- Extended plays
- Vein (2013, Self-released)
- Terrors Realm (2014, Self-released) (Cassette edition issued by Threat Collective)
- Demo 2016 (2016, Self-released)
- A Release of Excess Flesh split 7" with .Gif from God (2016, Zegema Beach/Structures//Agony/Longrail/Dingleberry/Contrition)
- Self-Destruct 7" (2017, Closed Casket Activities)
- Vein on Audiotree Live (2018, Audiotree)
- Music Videos
- "Virus://Vibrance" (2018, Directed by Eric Richter)
- "Demise Automation" (2018, Directed by Eric Richter)
- O'Connor, Andy. "Vein Errorzone". Pitchfork. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Brown, Dean. "Are Vein Hardcore's Big Next Thing?". popmatters.com. Pop Matters. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- MACLENNAN, MATT. "Vein – errorzone". Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Chu, Hau (2019-02-15). "As the world shrivels in front of our eyes, all we can do is scream". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-05-17.
- Fixell, Ethan. "Vein: The Most Explosive Live Act In Hardcore Today". kerrange.com. Kerrang!. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Scancarelli, Derek. "Vein Has One Objective: Extreme Sonic Assault". forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- various. "25 Best Albums of 2018 So Far". www.revolvermag.com. Revolver. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Vein chart history on Billboard website
- O'Conner, Andy. "Vein: Errorzone Album Review". pitchfork.com. Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Chapstick, Kesley (2018-11-28). "See Vein's Ripping Live Studio Performace..." revolvermag.com. Revolver Magazine. Retrieved 2018-12-11.