Vejle as seen from the Vejle Fjord Bridge
|Seat||City of Vejle|
|• Mayor||Arne Sigtenbjerggaard (Venstre)|
Vejle Municipality (Danish: Vejle Kommune) is a municipality (kommune) in the Region of Southern Denmark on the Jutland peninsula in southeast Denmark. The municipality covers an area of 1,061.54 km2 (409.86 sq mi) (2013), and has a population of 109,737 (1 April 2014). Its mayor is Arne Sigtenbjerggaard, a member of the liberal party Venstre. Vejle Municipality's offices are located in its largest population center, the city of Vejle.
In its current configuration, Vejle Municipality was formed under the Municipal Reform of 2007 (Kommunalreformen) by merging the previously existing Vejle Municipality with the neighboring municipalities of Børkop, Egtved, Give and Jelling, as well as the parish of Grejs, which formerly belonged to the municipality of Tørring-Uldum.
The central administration of the Region of Southern Denmark is in Vejle, located in the former Vejle County offices at Damhaven 12.
|Largest cities and villages in Vejle Municipality|
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Municipality's official website
- Vejle municipal Atlas (In Danish)
- Vejle Byhistoriske Arkiv & Stadsarkiv (City Historical Archive) (In Danish, some English)
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|