Velar ejective fricative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Velar ejective fricative|
Features of the velar ejective fricative:
- Its manner of articulation is fricative, which means it is produced by constricting air flow through a narrow channel at the place of articulation, causing turbulence.
- Its place of articulation is velar, which means it is articulated with the back of the tongue (the dorsum) at the soft palate.
- Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords.
- It is an oral consonant, which means air is allowed to escape through the mouth only.
- The airstream mechanism is ejective (glottalic egressive), which means the air is forced out by pumping the glottis upward.