||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Vellalore Karivaratharaja Perumal Temple Tower
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||0422 241|
|Vehicle registration||TN 37|
Vellalore (sometimes referred to as Vellalorer) is a panchayat town in Coimbatore district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is at 13 km east of the heart of the city Coimbatore, situated on the southern bank of the River Noyyal. Vellalore is a western suburb of Coimbatore.
As of 2001[update] India census, Vellalore had a population of 17,294. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Vellalore has an average literacy rate of 64%, which is higher than the national average of 59.5%; male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 59%. In Vellalore, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- A tank here attracts various species of birds during various seasons.
- Karivaratharaja Permal Temple, Sri Sivakama Sundari Ambal Samedha Sri Theneeswarar Temple, Paechiamman temple, Periya Vinayagar Kovil ( Mekkaloor ), Yamadharma Raj & Chitra Gupta Temple are famous historical temples here that attract devotees from all over the state
- RAF quarters is situated in Vellalore
- Five govt banks here are Bank Of India, Canara Bank, State Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank and Indian bank.
- 17 years of trusted sweet stall namely SS Sivasakthi Sweets
- There are schools like Government Higher Secondary School, ELGI Matriculation Higher Secondary School, SSVM, NGRA Higher Secondary School and Nirmala Matha School.
Part of Roman Spice Trade
A part of the Roman spice route, about 80% of Roman coins excavated in Tamil Nadu were in Vellalore, says R. Jagadeesan, office representative of Kongu Kalai Kalanchiyam. It had agriculture-based settlement and was known as "Velleer Oor." Roman trade happened here even before the 1st century AD.
- Vellalore is administered by a Town Panchayat.
- It was planned to include Vellalore in the Coimbatore corporation, but this plan was dropped later.
- The village panchayat president is V.U. Maruthachalam.
- There are 15 wards in the Vellalore Panchayat.
- A Centralized bus stand for Coimbatore was announced by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and it is supposed to be built in Vellalore at a cost of 125 Crore Rupee 
- Vellalore had an KIN Round Table of Kuppuswamy Naidu Hospitals with 24 hours of service.
- Vellalore has a hospital run by Employees State Insurance Corporation. It offers health solutions to the employees and their families who have ESIC membership.
- It also has Primary Health Centre in which the Doctors are very dedicated and service minded. They take personal care of each and every patient.
Vellalore Garbage Yard
Since years, the entire solid as well as sewage waste of Coimbatore city is being dumped in the Vellalore Yard. It was reported that thousands of tons of garbage is getting disposed every day within the Corporation limits of Coimbatore and all these reaches straight to Vellalore. Thus around 5 lakh M.T. of waste has been accumulated in the yard over the years. Due to practical difficulties on segregating the wastes and composting thereof, all those were forming bigger and bigger garbage mountains on this vast land. 
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- About tank
- http://www.vellalore.in/p/about-vellalore.html. Retrieved 18 January 2015. Missing or empty
- "TN govt order" (PDF). http://www.tn.gov.in/dtp/gorders/maws_t_219_2010.pdf. Retrieved 21 November 2012. External link in
- "Slim chances for 3 local bodies to be a part of Corporation". News. 19 July 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Coimbatore Corporation plans to build new bus stand in Vellalore". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Corporation readies to cap Vellalore dump". Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Fire at Vellalore dump yard". Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Articles About Vellalore in Times of India". News. Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vellalore.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vellalore reservoir.|