Velopark tram stop
Velopark tram stop in February 2013
Location of Velopark in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)
11 February 2013 (full)
|UK Trams portal|
Velopark is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. It opened on 11 February 2013, after a three-day free trial for local residents. The stop was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion, and is located beside Manchester Velodrome, in Clayton, Manchester, England. During planning and construction phases, the stop was known as New East (for Velodrome) and as Sportcity-Velodrome.
Services are mostly every 12 minutes on all routes.
Connecting bus routes
Velopark is directly served by Stagecoach Manchester bus services 216 and 231, which stops next to the station on Ashton New Road, with the 216 replicating the tram route between Piccadilly Gardens and Droylsden before continuing to Ashton-under-Lyne, while the 231 runs between Manchester and Ashton via Littlemoss and Smallshaw. M Travel service 188 also stops on Ashton New Road and runs between Manchester and Ryder Brow via Openshaw and Gorton.
Stagecoach/JPT services 217 and 218, which stops on Ashton New Road and Alan Turing Way, run circular routes between Manchester and Mossley serving Droylsden, Dukinfield, Ashton, Tameside General Hospital and Stalybridge, while First Greater Manchester service 53 stops nearby on Alan Turing Way or Grey Mare Lane and runs between Cheetham Hill and Pendleton via Gorton, Rusholme and Old Trafford.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden's new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Construction work on track" (PDF). The Link. TfGM (3): 4. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Velopark Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|