360° Panorama, Main Street, Velp, The Netherlands.
Velp is a Dutch village located East to Arnhem within the municipality of Rheden, located between Arnhem, Rozendaal, and the town of Rheden. The population is 17,669 (2005). The town of Velp covers an area of approximately 11.01 square kilometres (4.25 sq mi).
Velp was a separate municipality between 1812 and 1818, when it was merged with Rheden. The municipality also covered the village Rozendaal.
- Jan Goossens, former American indoor soccer player.
- Ho-Pin Tung, Chinese-Dutch auto-racing driver
- René Klaassen, former field hockey defender
- Mina Kruseman, 19th-century feminist and author
- Audrey Hepburn, 1900s actress and humanitarian
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Velp, Gelderland.|
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Velp". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|