|Elevation||492 ft (150 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||445242|
Velpen is an unincorporated community in southeastern Marion Township, Pike County, Indiana, United States. It lies along State Road 257 southeast of the city of Petersburg, the county seat of Pike County. Its elevation is 492 feet (150 m), and it is located at (38.3553289, -87.1019481). Although Velpen is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47590.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 55-56. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Pike County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 333. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
The name may come from the Belgium River, Velpe...
|This Pike County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|