Velukkudi Krishnan, sometimes rendered Sri U. Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan Swami or Velukkudi Sri U. Ve. Krishnan Swami, is a Hindu religious scholar. His Aacharyan is Sholinghur Sri Doddacharyan Swamigal of the Famous Doddacharyan Sevai in the Kanchipuram Varadaraja Swami Garuda sevai. An exponent of Sri Vaishnavism, Krishnan delivers lectures in person, distributes them on compact disc and MP3, and broadcasts them on TV channels including Vijay TV and Podhigai TV. He operates the Kinchitkaram Trust, which translates, publishes, and distributes religious materials, conducts classes, and locates and maintains temples and other religious and historic sites. He is known for his meticulous and chaste rendering of the Vedas, the Upanishads, and the Puranas, rarely including human perspectives in his upanyasams.
Krishnan's father, Velukkudi Varadachariar, was also noted as a Vedic scholar. Krishnan was given both a religious and a secular education, after which he went to work as a chartered accountant. After his father's death in 1991, the 28-year-old Krishnan began delivering lectures. Finding that his accounting career conflicted with his religious life, he left his job in 1996 to devote himself full-time to religious work.
Krishnan speaks Sanskrit, Tamil,telugu & English, and lectures and distributes recordings in both of the latter languages. He has lectured in a number of foreign countries, including the United States, Canada, the UK, Singapore, UAE Bahrain, and Oman. He lives in the temple city of Srirangam in Tamil Nadu.
- "New Releases". Kinchitkaram Trust. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- Prema Nandakumar. "Dedicated to the cause of sanatana dharma". The Hindu. 2004-12-31. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- Indira Kannan. "The High-Tech Guru". The Indian Express. 2012-08-05. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- "Programmes". DD Podhigai. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- "Perpetuation of Sanskrit and Dravida Vedas". Kinchitkaram Trust. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- V. Balasubramanian. "Scriptures as a way of life". The Hindu. 2010-08-06. Retrieved 2013-04-11.