Velukkudi Krishnan, sometimes rendered Sri U. Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan Swamigal or Velukkudi Sri U. Ve. Krishnan Swamigal. is a Hindu religious scholar. His Aacharyan is Sholinghur Sri Doddacharyan Swamigal of the Famous Doddacharyan Sevai in the Kanchipuram Varadaraja Swami Garuda sevai. He delivers lectures in person, distributes them on compact disc and MP3, and broadcasts them on TV channels of Vijay TV, Sri venkateswara bhakthi channal 2 Tamil (svbc 2 Tamil) and Podhigai TV. His program called 'guru parampari' in svbc 2 Tamil is very popular all over Tamil Nadu. He operates the Kinchitkaram Trust, which translates, publishes, and distributes religious materials, conducts classes, and locates and maintains temples and other religious and historic sites. He is known for his meticulous and chaste rendering of the Vedas, the Upanishads, Naalayira Divya Prabhandham and the Puranas, rarely including human perspectives in his upanyasams.
swamy's father, Velukkudi Varadachariar, was also noted as a Vedic scholar. swamy was given both a religious and latest education, after which he went to work as a chartered accountant. After his father's death in 1991, the 28-year-old Krishnan began delivering lectures. Finding that his accounting career conflicted with his religious life, he left his job in 1996 to devote himself full-time to religious work. He has the ability to keep his listeners tied to his Lectures. His rendering of religious concepts has to be heard in Tamil to understand its full meaning. His rendering of the SRIRANGA MAHATMIYAM will make anyone's eyes flowing with uncontrollable tears.
sawmy speaks Sanskrit, Tamil & English, and lectures and distributes recordings in both of the latter languages. He has lectured in a number of foreign countries, including the United States, Canada, the UK, Singapore, UAE Bahrain, Australia and Oman. He lives in the temple city of Srirangam in Tamil Nadu.
Through Kinchitkaram Trust, he releases a thematic calendar every year. The difficult philosophical ideas are explained in simple language with illustrations.
- "Diverse and unique". The Hindu. 21 March 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- Indira Kannan. "The High-Tech Guru". The Indian Express. 2012-08-05. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- "Programmes". DD Podhigai. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- ""Maintenance and upkeep of temples, need of hour"". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 29 April 2017. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 22 April 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Perpetuation of Sanskrit and Dravida Vedas". Kinchitkaram Trust. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- V. Balasubramanian. "Scriptures as a way of life". The Hindu. 2010-08-06. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- Prema Nandakumar. "Dedicated to the cause of sanatana dharma". The Hindu. 2004-12-31. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- "New Releases". Kinchitkaram Trust. Retrieved 2013-04-11.