Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up velum in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Velum may refer to:
- Superior medullary velum, anterior medullary velum or valve of Vieussens, white matter, in the brain, which stretches between the superior cerebellar peduncles
- Frenulum of superior medullary velum, a slightly raised white band passing to the superior medullary velum
- Inferior medullary velum or posterior medullary velum, a thin layer of white substance, prolonged from the white center of the cerebellum
- Velum interpositum or choroid plexus, a structure in the brain where cerebrospinal fluid is produced
- Cavum veli interpositi, a condition in which the cistern of the velum interpositum becomes dilated
- Palatal velum or soft palate, the soft tissue constituting the back of the roof of the mouth
- Levator velum palatini muscle or levator veli palatini, the elevator muscle of the soft palate
- Velum (botany), a morphological feature of quillworts or Isoëtes
- Cumulonimbus velum, a cloud type
- Solemya velum, or Atlantic awning clam
- Agrotis velum or lycophotia molothina, a moth
- Velum or veil (mycology), one of several structures in fungi
- Velum, the locomotory and feeding organ, found in the larval veliger stage of bivalves
- Velarium, also known as velum, a textile overhang used in Roman times.
- Vellum, animal skin that is similar to parchment and that is used as medium for writing, book printing, and book binding
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Velum.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.