From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Vend Logo
|Industry||Software as a Service|
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Products||Vend - Point of Sale|
Point of Sale EcommerceRetail Training
Number of employees
Vend uses HTML5 features in Google Chrome and Safari to implement offline processing capabilities.
- A webSQL database built into the browser provides local inventory storage so sales can be processed offline and all stock levels updated.
- HTML5’s offline manifest tells the browser to take copies of certain files and pages for offline use.
- WebSocket (another element of HTML5) allows Vend to talk to other devices on a local network, interfacing with hardware such as an EFTPOS unit or other payment devices.
As well as being compatible with Mobile Safari, Vend also has a native iOS app called Vend Register.
- Innovators Awards: Supreme/IT winner, Vend :: Idealog :: the magazine and website of New Zealand creative business, ideas and innovation
- Cloud-based cash registers slash POS costs | Storage
- Cloud POS Vendor VendHQ Picks Up Funding | The Diversity Blog - SaaS, Cloud & Business Strategy
- Moving sales into the cloud - Business - NZ Herald News
- Web-Based POS provider Vend raises funding from Point Nine Capital and angel investors - SFGate
- Vend Rings Up $2 Million for Point-of-Sale Technology - Tricia Duryee - Commerce - AllThingsD
- Vend raises $2 million in funding | Computerworld New Zealand
- PayPal Rolls Out To 15 More National Retailers, Announces Deals With 6 Top POS Software & Terminal Makers | TechCrunch
- Vend Raises $2 Million, Announces Key Partnership with PayPal | Virtual-Strategy Magazine
- NZ retails software co. partners with PayPal, scores $2m from Berlin | The National Business Review
- "Vend Register App". www.vendhq.com. Retrieved 2015-11-19.