This article does not cite any sources. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tony De Nunzio, Chairman|
|Products||General merchandise, financial services|
|Brands||Brico, Praxis, Plan-It, Formido|
|Revenue||€ 1.337 Billion (2015)|
|€ 101 Million (2013/2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Kohlberg Kravis Roberts|
Maxeda (formerly Vendex KBB) is a Dutch retail group that operates do it yourself stores in Belgium and the Netherlands. Maxeda is the result of the merger of Koninklijke Bijenkorf Beheer (KBB) and Vendex. Formerly it owned large Dutch department stores. Since 2004 Maxeda is owned by a consortium of investors led by American private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.
- MS Mode (at the time known as M&S Mode) (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France and Spain) - sold in 2010 to Excellent Retail Brands
- Hunkemöller (Lingerie) (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Denmark, Curaçao, Saudi-Arabia, Bahrein, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Aruba) — in 2010 sold to PAI Partners.
- Claudia Sträter (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany) - sold in 2009
- La Place (Netherlands) — sold to Sun European Partners (along with Vroom & Dreesman)
- De Bijenkorf (Netherlands) — in 2010 sold to Wittington Investments for €290 million
- Vroom & Dreesmann (also known as V&D) (Netherlands) — in 2010 sold to American investment company Sun Capital Partners
- HEMA (Netherlands, Belgium and Germany) — in 2007 sold to the British investment group Lion Capital LLP
- Dixons (Netherlands) — sold to Dexcom in 2006
Jewellery and watches
- Schaap & Citroen (Netherlands) - sold in 2009
This section needs to be updated.(February 2015)
Maxeda IT Services is an independent IT company which focuses on the Maxeda stores, formerly known as Vendex KBB ITS or IDETA. However they also have a wide selection of clients that are not within the Maxeda group. Since 2008, all employees and contracts were outsourced to Capgemini as Capgemini Retail Solutions, a part of Capgemini Outsourcing.