25 July 1976 |
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||92 kilograms (203 lb)|
|Badel 1862 Zagreb
Portland San Antonio
Venio Losert (born 25 July 1976) is a Croatian team handball player who plays at the goalkeeper position.
Winning the first medal at the age of 19 at 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, when Croatia won the first gold medal as an independent nation, he is considered the youngest debutant of the team.
As a youngster he joined Badel Zagreb, the strongest team in the country and was part of the team who won the European Cup in 1992 and 1993. In total he won 7 league titles and 7 cups with Badel Zagreb. In 1999, Venio Losert took the plunge into Spanish handball, signing for Garbel Zaragoza (1999-2000). He later played for various ASOBAL League teams including Teka Cantabria (2000–01), BM Granollers (2001-04), Portland San Antonio (2004–05) and Cangas Frigoríficos del Morrazo. In the Portland team he won the ASOBAL League title.
As one of the best goal keepers, with plenty of honours in the game, Venio Losert was given the honour to be the flag bearer in London 2012. Unlike other icons of the handball, Losert has always called himself a "normal, regular and not a showy keeper who only does what's needed to keep the ball out". Losert has always been a key part of the Croatian national team, winning also silver medals in the 1995 and 2005 World Championships. He was voted Croatian player of the year in 1997.
Venio's current club is Franch club Montpellier.
- Badel 1862 Zagreb
- Croatian First League (6): 1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99
- Croatian Cup (6): 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- EHF Champions League runner-up (4): 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999
- EHF Cup runner-up (1): 2002
- Portland San Antonio
- Copa del Rey (2): 2007, 2009
- Supercopa ASOBAL (2): 2007, 2009
- Pirenees Leagues (2): 2006-07, 2007-08
- Vive Targi Kielce
- Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2014
- "XI European Championship 2014. Team Roster, Croatia" (PDF). EHF. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Venio Losert biography". hoo.hr (in Croatian).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Venio Losert.|
|Flagbearer for Croatia