|• Type||Civic Body Government|
|• Body||Nellanadu Grama Panchayat|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Attingal|
Venjaramoodu is a town in the district of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. It is located 25 km (15 mi) north of Thiruvananthapuram on MC Road (SH1). It comes under Nedumangad Taluk.The kazhakkuttam bypass ends here. Nearest airport is Thiruvananthapuram International Airport and railway station is Chirayinkeezhu Railway station. Kerala State Road Transport Corporation operates a bus depot at Venjarammoodu. It is well connected to all parts of the state by state road transport buses. Gokulam Medical College and Muslim Association College of Engineering are located here. Venjaramoodu Government higher secondary school is located besides the Main Central road.
|TRIVANDRUM CITY, KZHAKOOTAM|
|IIST ↑ Technopark|
Venjaramood is a major junction that connects five important places, Thiruvananthapuram,( South, MC Road), Kazhakkottam (NH Bypass), Attingal (West, NH Bypass), Nedumangad (East, to State Highway ) and Kottarakkara(North, MC Road).Two dedicated bus depots are available in the forms of a Kerala State Road Transport Corporation(KSRTC) bus depot and one Private Bus Terminal,both in the heart of the town. A new bypass is being proposed around Venjaramood, due to heavy traffic congestion.
KSRTC operate city bus service, local bus service and fast passenger.
City service using Anathapuri bus, Low floor AC/ Non Ac, Venad.
Venjaramoodu- East fort via Pothenkodu/ Kaniyapuram- Kzhakootam- Technopark-Chakka- General hospital/ Enchakal.
Venjaramoodu- East fort Via Vembayam- Mannathala/ Sreekaryam- pottom.
Local Bus Route
Attingal, Nedumangadu,.Medical College, Thampanur, Pothenkodu,Varkala, Ponmudy, Kilimanoor, Kallara, Vembayam, Muthuvila, Palode,Thempamoodu.etc.
All Supper Fast, Fast, Express, Scnia bus through MC road pasing through Venjaramoodu KSRTC Bus dippo.
Private Bus operate to Attingal, Varkala, Kadakkavour, Chirayinkeezhu, Paravour town.
- Nearest railway stations
- Murukkumpuzha Railway station (13KM)
- Chirayinkeezhu Railway station(14km)
- Kadakkavoor Railway station (15km)
- Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway station (26km)
- Varkala Railway station (33km)
- Trivandrum International Airport is 27km.
- Here is a list of important religious places:-
- Manikkodu Mahadeva temple Vayyatte
- Pirappankodu Sree krishna Temple
- Thiru Vamanamoothi temple Anakudy ( Just 5 KM )
- Venkamala temple ( 9 Km )
- Kavara Bhagavathi Temple
- Mukkunur Sreekanda Shatha Temple
- Alanthara Uruttumandapam
- Alanthara Shastha Temple
- Vettur Mahavishnu Temple
- Subramanya Temple Thandrampoika
- Gokulathamma Temle, Gokulam Medical College
- Amundirath Devi Temple Mudakal
- Vidaynkavu Temple Velavur
- Parameswram Temple
- Kottukunnam Mahadeva Temple
- Aliyadu Oorootumandapam temple
- Venjaramoodu Muslim Juma Masjid
- Manikkal Juma Masjid
- Keezhayikonam Masjid
- St.Joseph's Church Kottapuram, Pirappancode
- Koppam CSI Church
- Seventh Day Adventist Church Thumpara, Pirappancode
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Federal Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Syndicate bank
- Kerala Grameen Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Union Bank Pirapankodu
- Thiruvanathapuram Dist Co-Operative Bank
- Venjaramoodu service Co-Operative Bank
Venjaramoodu has significant rainfall most months, with a short dry season. This location is classified as Am by Köppen and Geiger. The temperature here averages 26.8 °C. About 1952 mm of precipitation falls annually.The driest month is January. There is 23 mm of precipitation in January. In June, the precipitation reaches its peak, with an average of 355 mm.With an average of 28.4 °C, April is the warmest month. At 25.7 °C on average, December is the coldest month of the year.
|Climate data for venjaramoodu, Kerala|
|Average high °C (°F)||29.5
|Average low °C (°F)||22.3
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||22