|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Venmoney is a village in Chengannur taluk of Alappuzha district of Central Travancore area in Kerala state, India. Venmoney is 18 km south of Thiruvalla, 10 km east of Mavelikkara and 9 km northwest of Pandalam. The Achenkovil river flows on its southern boundary and is spanned by the Pulakadavu bridge.
As of the 2001 India census, Venmoney had a population of 21,196 with 9,915 males and 11,281 females. Agriculture is the main occupation, though remittances from abroad form a significant source of income.
One of the most notable landmarks in Venmoney is the Sharngakavu Devi Temple (Chamakkavu). Famous for the monkeys thriving in its sacred grove, there is no explicit building structure for the temple, as its goddess has forbidden any construction at the site. The Vishu festival at the temple on Medam 1st usually falls on April 14 and is well known for its Kettu Kazhcha, in which huge decorated chariots and structures known as Kuthiras (Huge Stuffed wooden horses) are presented. There is also a flea market with food shacks on weekly Wednesdays for the sale and purchase of native crafts, pottery, utensils and farm products and in Vishu days with an extensive merchandise. Betel leaves produced in Venmoney are sometimes referred to as "Venmoney Vettila".
Kalliyathara Junction is the city centre of Venmoney.
The beautiful "St. Mary's Orthodox Church or Venmoney Valiya Pally" located near to Kalliyathara Junction is an important landmark and it is famous for Ettu Nombu Perunnal. It is 2 km northwest away from St Mary's Kochu Pally is situated.
Venmoney Sehion Mar Thoma Church located near to Kalliyathara Junction
There are two Mosques in this village. One is situated in Venmoney Thazham - (called Venmoney Muslim Jama-Ath) and one is in Punthala.
Akshaya Center- Common Service Center- situated in Kalliyathra Junction.
- Sharngakavu Temple
- Thazhathambalam Sree Sabriyamoottil Devi Temple
- Kaliyathra Sri Bhuvaneswary temple,
- Thazhathambalam MahaGanapathy Temple
- Trikannapuram Mahavishnu Kshetram
- Venmoney Mahadevar Kshetram
- Thirumala Mahadevar Kshetram
- Pillerkad sreekrishna swamy temple
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Valiya Pally
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Kochu Pally
- Sehion Marthoma Church
- Bethany Marthoma Church
- St. Peter's Malankara Syrian Catholic Church
- Punthala Marthoma Church
- Varampoor St. Thomas Marthoma Church
- Changamala St. Peters Mar Thoma Church
- Salem Mar Thoma Church, Kozhuvalloor
- C.S.I Church
- Salvation Army Church
- Roman Catholic Church
- IPC Ebenezer Church Venmoney North
- Venmoney Muslim Juma Masjid, Venmoney Thazham (200 Years Old)
- Punthala Muslim Juma Masjid (250 Years Old)
Educational Institutions in Venmoney
- Marthoma Higher Secondary School, Venmoney
- Lohiya Memorial High School, Venmoney
- St. Judes English Medium School, Venmoney
- Sri Rajarajeshwary Central School, Venmoney
- St. John's, Venmoney
- GOVT J. B. S., Venmoney
- Thachappally L.P.school, Cheriyalmoodu,Venmoney
- GOVT J B S , Punthala , Venmoney
- Salem U P School Kozhuvallor
- Marthoma EALP School, Changamala
- MTLPS Punthala
- Venmoney Thazham LPS
- E A LP School Changamala
- "Census of India:Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on December 8, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-10.