|Manufacturer||Dr Pepper Snapple Group|
|Variants||Black Mamba (red), Mojave Rattler (purple), Killer Taipan (yellow), Death Adder (orange), Mango (yellow), Venom Bite (Energy shot), Citrus (white/green), Strawberry Apple (white/red), Black Cherry Kiwi (magenta/green), Watermelon Lime (pink/green).|
Venom Energy is an energy drink brand produced and distributed by Dr Pepper Snapple Group of Plano, Texas. It is one of the few energy drinks that uses a thick aluminum bottle. Venom Energy was released in 2002 in a more typical beverage container and was relaunched in the new aluminum bottle and with a new taste in early 2008.
In 2008, Venom Energy entered into a partnership with the Arena Football League to promote the product during the 2008 playoffs on ESPN and ABC. In addition, Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Terrell Owens is now a spokesman for the brand. The company also sponsors the Andretti Autosport IndyCar Series team with driver Marco Andretti, Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings, Max Talbot of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins, all from the NHL as well as Jordan Farmar of the New Jersey Nets (NBA) and Lance Berkman of the St. Louis Cardinals (MLB).
Venom Energy contains large doses of taurine, glucuronolactone, and guarana, with L-carnitine, inositol and maltodextrin as additional ingredients. The caffeine content of Venom energy drinks is roughly 162 mg per bottle, or approximately equal to that found in eight ounces of plain Starbucks coffee.
Venom was historically bottled in half-liter aluminum bottles (16.9 fluid ounces). In 2012, Venom downsized the bottles to 16 fluid ounces, the standard size of most other energy drink single-serve cans.
|Mojave Rattler||Purple (low cal)|
|Venom Bite||Energy shot|
|Citrus||Green/White (low cal)|
|Strawberry Apple||Red/White (low cal)|
|Mango||Yellow (low cal)|
|Black Cherry Kiwi||Magenta/Green|
|Watermelon Lime||Pink/Green (low cal)|
- "Dr Pepper Snapple introduces Venom energy drink". Drug Store News. June 10, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "AFL inching closer to equity deal". SportsBusiness Daily. July 21, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "Venom Energy Drink Partners With Terrell Owens". Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. September 23, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "Venom Energy Drink Signs Multi-Year Sponsorship With Andretti Autosport". Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. December 3, 2009. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "Venom Energy Drink Scores With Major Sports Superstars". PR Newswire. June 11, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
|This drink-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|