Location of Ventanilla in the Constitutional Province of Callao
|Province||Constitutional Province of Callao|
|Founded||January 28, 1969|
|• Mayor||Omar Alfredo Marcos Arteaga|
|• Total||73.52 km2 (28.39 sq mi)|
|Elevation||71 m (233 ft)|
|Population (2005 census)|
|• Density||3,300/km2 (8,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PET (UTC-5)|
Ventanilla is a district of the Constitutional Province of Callao in Peru, and one of the seven districts that comprise the port city of Callao. Covering more than half of the province's territory, it is Callao's largest district.
The current mayor of Ventanilla is Omar Alfredo Marcos Arteaga. It was officially established as a district on January 28, 1969. The first stone for the building of Ventanilla was placed on September 24, 1960 in what is now the Central Church of Ventanilla San Pedro Nolasco.
Ventanilla is made up of eight urban zones and more than 160 neighborhoods (barrios).
- North: Santa Rosa and Ancón (both in the Lima Province)
- East: Puente Piedra (Lima Province) and Mi Peru (Callao).
- South: Downtown Callao, and San Martín de Porres (Lima Province)
- West: Pacific Ocean
- (Spanish) Municipalidad Distrital de Ventanilla
- (Spanish) Todo Callao
- Inka Magik helps this area through volunteering programmes.
|This Callao Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|