|District||Dr Kenneth Kaunda|
|• Total||57.47 km2 (22.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||380/km2 (990/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||85.2%|
|First languages (2011)|
|Postal code (street)||2710|
Ventersdorp is a town in Dr Kenneth Kaunda District Municipality, North West Province, South Africa. It is the seat of Ventersdorp Local Municipality. The town's population is 4,200 and the nearby township of Tshing has a population of nearly 17,900.
The Afrikaner nationalist Eugène Terre'Blanche was born in Ventersdorp, and the town is the base of the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB), the far-right secessionist political organisation and former paramilitary group which Terre'Blanche founded.
The Ventersdorp High School has changed quite dramatically, with non-white students attending since 1995. These students are mostly Afrikaans speaking coloured residents of the smaller township Toevlug. Ventersdorp youth are bedevilled by alcoholism and unemployment. Ventersdorp has a great central location, making it easier to access more prominent urban towns such as Klerksdorp, Lichtenburg, Potchefstroom and Rustenburg.
The Tshing township has a diamond mine nearby: a town councillor owned it in the early 1990s. Tshing Location has one High school ( Thuto Boswa High School)
- Sum of the Main Places Ventersdorp and Tshing from Census 2011.
- "Eugene Terre'Blanche obituary". The Guardian. April 4, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- "Eugene Terreblanche killed in South Africa". BBC News. 4 April 2010. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- Broomfield, Nicholas, and Riete Oord. 2006. His big white self revisited. [London]: Metrodome Distribution.
- The Leader, His Driver and the Driver's Wife, a Nick Broomfield film (1991)
- His Big White Self, a Nick Broomfield film (2006)
||Schoonspruit Nature Reserve||Koster||Droogpan|