|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Screenshot of the Ventrilo 3.0.8 client on Windows 10
|Developer(s)||Brian Knapp, Maryville, Illinois|
|Initial release||August 3, 2002|
3.0.3 (Server) / 24 August 2008
|Operating system||OS X (32-bit only), Microsoft Windows (Client)
Microsoft Windows and variants of Unix (Server)
|Type||Internet voice client and server|
The Ventrilo client and server are both available as freeware for use with up to 8 people on the same server. Rented servers can maintain up to 400 people. The Ventrilo server is available under a limited license for Microsoft Windows and OS X and is accessible on FreeBSD Kopi, Solaris and NetBSD. The client is available for Windows and OS X. However, the OS X client is still unable to properly use most servers because of a lack of support for the sparsely used GSM codec. Flagship Industries does not offer a Linux Ventrilo client. Third party Ventrilo clients are available for mobile devices, such as Ventrilode for iPhone and Ventriloid for Android.
Ventrilo is sometimes used by gamers who use the software to communicate with other players on the same team of a multiplayer game, or for general chat.
- So How many users can I have? (Ventrilo Tech Support)
- "Ventrilo for Conversation". botwr.com. Best of the Web Review. 12 Aug 2008. Retrieved 25 Feb 2013.
- "Ventrilo Linux/ Unix client Pending Release". Ventrilo Tech Support. 30 May 2005. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
The Ventrilo / Linux client tech support forum is here pending the official release of the client. At the current time we do not have an official release date. Once we do it will be posted here...
- "Ventrilode - a third party Ventrilo client for iPhone".
- "Ventriloid - a third party Ventrilo client for Android".
- "Copyright Infringement: Flagship Industries, Inc. v. John Doe". Illinois Southern District Court: RFC Express. 2 May 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
Court Case Number: 3:08-cv-00327-GPM-DGW
- "Copyright Infringement: Flagship Industries, Inc. v. John Doe". Illinois Northern District Court: RFC Express. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
Court Case Number: 1:09-cv-01429