|Parent||Ventura County Transportation Commission|
|Headquarters||950 County Square Dr, Ventura, California|
|Service area||Ventura County, California|
|Service type||Bus service, paratransit|
|Chief executive||Darren Kettle|
VCTC Intercity (formerly known as Ventura Intercity Service Transit Authority or VISTA) is a public transit agency providing bus service in Ventura County, California. It provides an intercity bus service between the cities of Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, Santa Paula, and Fillmore in Ventura County, and to communities in neighboring Los Angeles and Santa Barbara counties. The agency is part of the Ventura County Transportation Commission, a governmental body that oversees transportation planning and funding in Ventura County.
Before VISTA was formed in 1994, the County of Ventura provided rudimentary intercity bus service. One line ran along US 101 with stops in Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, and Westlake Village. Another service linked Thousand Oaks and Moorpark via SR 23. The city of Fillmore sponsored a route consisting of a few trips between Fillmore and Ventura along SR 126. Because of the limited nature of these services, the Ventura County Transportation Commission proposed a comprehensive intercity bus system.
Service on four core lines (Highway 101, East County, Highway 126, and a Central County route serving Camarillo, Camarillo State Mental Hospital, Point Mugu, and Oxnard) started in July 1994. Over time, these routes have been adjusted according to ridership. With the closing of Camarillo State Hospital and the repurposing of the hospital grounds as a California State University campus, the Central route was cancelled and two new campus shuttle routes were implemented. In 1998, service was extended to Warner Center in Los Angeles County, and in 2001, service was extended to Santa Barbara.
In early 2015, VCTC changed the name of the service from VISTA to VCTC Intercity.
The VCTC Intercity bus service is operated by Roadrunner Shuttle, a private company based in Camarillo which contracts with VCTC. Due to the length of the VISTA routes, over-the-road coaches are used.
This route also originates at the Pacific View Mall in Ventura and operates along SR 126 to Saticoy, Santa Paula, and Fillmore, with limited service to Piru.
VISTA East County route operates in the SR 23 corridor between Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, and Simi Valley.
Four round trips, two in the morning and two in the afternoon, connect Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks with the Warner Center Transit Hub and other stops at Warner Center, a business and residential complex in the western San Fernando Valley, in Los Angeles County. At the transit hub, riders may connect with a shuttle to the Metro Orange Line and other transit services from a variety of agencies, providing access to many points in Los Angeles County.
CSUCI Camarillo and CSUCI Oxnard
Originally two separate lines, this shuttle route connects California State University, Channel Islands with the Camarillo Metrolink Station and the Oxnard "C" Street Transfer Center. Students are encouraged to park in the lots and use this bus to get to campus.
- Gold Coast Transit — Local bus service within and between Oxnard, Ventura, Port Hueneme, and Ojai, and adjacent unincorporated communities in Ventura County
- Metrolink (California) — Commuter rail service connecting Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Moorpark, and Simi Valley to Los Angeles County and other parts of Southern California
- Oxnard–Thousand Oaks–Ventura metropolitan area
- Harris, Mike (December 5, 2014). "Transit agency previews new bus fleet". Ventura County Star. E.W. Scripps Company. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Mosk, Matthew (November 24, 1993). "County OKs Bus Expansion to Link 8 Cities". Los Angeles Times (Ventura West ed.). p. 1. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Harris, Mike (July 25, 2014). "Camarillo company awarded $67 million bus contract". Ventura County Star. E.W. Scripps Company. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Wenzke, Marissa (November 14, 2014). "End of the road: Family business loses bus contract". Pacific Coast Business Times. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Martinez, Arlene (March 3, 2015). "Valley Express offering free bus rides today in Santa Paula, Fillmore, Piru". Ventura County Star. E.W. Scripps Company.
- Ventura County Interconnect schedule brochures: 1985-1991
- Various VISTA schedule brochures: 1992-present