This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ventures Platform is a Pan - African early stage fund focused on supporting post MVP teams to grow their startups.
Ventures Platform invests in seed and early-stage companies that are operating in markets that have existing positive offline indicators.
Ventures Platform selects and interviews a batch of companies per year. VP offers seed funding, business strategy and short term residency for accepted fellows for 10% equity. At the end of the 16 weeks program, the startups pitch their business to an audience of investors
Between 2016 - 2017, Ventures Platform invested in ~20 companies including companies like mobileforms, wesabi, payconnect, jalo, proteach, lizzie's creations, drivers.ng, myPadi.ng, Accounteer, LastPrice, VivaXD and ThriveAgric through its Accelerator program.
In 2017, Ventures Platform expanded to Lagos.
Demo Day, Program and Events
Ventures Platform’s training rooms and outdoor greens have been used for bootcamps, trainings, and most recently coding workshops targeting especially girls and marginalized youth. Some of the events hosted include: Aso Villa Demo Day 2016 BootCamp, Slush 2016 Local Competition, CodeBusAfrica, SheLeadsAfrica speed networking night, Starta Silicon Drinkup, Techstars Atlanta in Abuja.
The Ventures Platform Demo Day is a culmination of 16-weeks of “coordinated activities and interventions designed to support startups at the MVP stage with mentorship, business re-engineering, work space, living space, back office support, shared services and seed funding”.
Ventures Platform Foundation
Ventures Platform Foundation is the social impact arm of Ventures Platform that builds and supports social impact tech-entrepreneurs in Africa.
- "Nigeria's original startup city is making a big play for Africa's young entrepreneurs". Quartz. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Innovation hub Ventures Platform (VP) has launched in Abuja! | First Look & Launch Event Photos - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Here are the 6 startups pitching this morning at the Ventures Platform Demo Day". Techpoint.ng. 2017-01-27. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "http://techloy.com/2016/09/16/ventures-platform-unveils-startups-for-its-inaugural-hybrid-incubation-program/". techloy.com. Retrieved 2017-05-31. External link in
- "http://disrupt-africa.com/2017/12/nigerias-ventures-platform-expands-to-lagos-grows-cheque-size/". techloy.com. Retrieved 2017-05-31. External link in
- "Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator , Partners Ventures Platform to Organize Local Competition for Startups | TechCabal". Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "'CodeBus Africa' arrives in Abuja". Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Here are the 6 startups pitching this morning at the Ventures Platform Demo Day". Techpoint.ng. 2017-01-27. Retrieved 2017-09-04.