This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Vice President for Research and Economic Development |
University at Buffalo
|Born||June 17, 1964|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur|
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
|Fields||Computer Science and Engineering|
Hand Writing Recognition
|Institutions||University at Buffalo|
Venu Govindaraju (born June 17, 1964) is an Indian-American academic who has conducted research in the fields of Document Image Analysis and Biometrics. He has now shifted from research to administration and presently serves as the Vice President for Research and Economic Development . He was previously named a SUNY Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA.
Govindaraju received his undergraduate degree with honors (BTech) in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India in 1986 and his Master's and PhD degrees in Computer Science in 1988 and 1992 from the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA.
Govindaraju is a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery, the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), the AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science), the IAPR (International Association for Pattern Recognition), and the SPIE (International Society for Optics and Photonics).
He is the recipient of the 2001 International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition Young Investigator award, the 2004 MIT Global Indus Technovator Award, the 2010 IEEE Technical Achievement Award, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Distinguished Alumnus Award (2014), and the 2015 IAPR/ICDAR Outstanding Achievements Award. He was named a Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors in 2015.
Govindaraju was the founding director of the Center for Unified Biometrics and Sensors (CUBS) and has remained Director of CUBS since its inception in 2003. He has edited six books, has six issued patents and numerous publications which are listed in the detailed CV in the academic homepage the link for which is in the section "External links".
- "Venu Govindaraju - Vice President Research and Economic Development - University at Buffalo". www.buffalo.edu.
- "Govindaraju named VP for research and economic development". buffalo.edu.
- "Govindaraju named SUNY Distinguished Professor - University at Buffalo". www.buffalo.edu.
- "Venugopal Govindaraju - The Mathematics Genealogy Project". genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu.
- "Venu Govindaraju". awards.acm.org.
- "IEEE Fellows Directory - Search Results". services27.ieee.org.
- "AAAS Fellow". aaas.org.
- http://www.conbrio.com/, Conbrio Design, Buffalo, NY -. "IAPR - IAPR Fellows". www.iapr.org.
- "SPIE Fellow". spie.org.
- http://www.conbrio.com/, Conbrio Design, Buffalo, NY -. "IAPR - IAPR Awards". www.iapr.org.
- "Global Indus Technovator Awards". web.mit.edu.
- "Venu Govindaraju • IEEE Computer Society". www.computer.org.
- "Icdar.org". 2015.icdar.org.
- Inventors, National Academy of. "National Academy of Inventors Announces 2015 NAI Fellows". www.prnewswire.com.