|Born||Venus Isabelle Palermo|
8 February 1997
|Spouse(s)||Manaki Okada (2015 - present)|
|Total views||251 million+|
Venus Isabelle Palermo (born 8 February 1997), better known as Venus Angelic, is a Swiss YouTuber who is known for her doll-like appearance. She became known as the "living doll" after her YouTube video "How to look like a doll" was popular in March 2012.
In 2013 someone used Palermo's name to release a pre-release cover version of the Icona Pop song, "I Love It", which reached #71 on the UK Singles Chart. Her mother filed complaint at iTunes, and the song was removed. However, it never became clear who had used Palermo's name.
In December 2014, Palermo started a romantic relationship with Japanese national Manaki Okada. They married in December 2015, and Palermo subsequently emigrated to Japan in February 2016.
In May 2016, Palermo travelled to the Republic of Korea, where she underwent weight-loss surgery, despite only weighing 53 kg (117 lb) at the time of the procedure. Palermo claims she contacted over 50 doctors around the world until she found one willing to proceed with the surgery. After the surgery, her weight at one point dropped to 38 kg (84 lb), and she was admitted to hospital, being treated with stomach medication and an IV drip.
- "About VenusAngelic". YouTube.
- "VenusAngelic". Twitter. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "My Strange Addiction: I'm a Living Doll -- a Must-See, One-Hour Premiere". TLC blog. December 12, 2013.
- David Moye (20 March 2012). "Teenager Venus Angelic Is A Real Living Doll (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Venus Angelic, 15-Years-Old, Is A Living Doll; See Her With And Without Makeup [PHOTOS]". International Business Times. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Entry for Venus Palermo". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "The Growing Pains of YouTube's 'Guru of Cute'". www.youtube.com.
- "Blogger undergoes weight-loss surgery despite being only 53kg". NZ Herald. Retrieved 20 November 2020.