Saint Petersburg Art and Industry Academy
|Санкт-Петербургская государственная художественно-промышленная академия имени А. Л. Штиглица|
|School of Technical Drawing of Baron Alexander von Stieglitz; Leningrad Higher School of Art and Industry|
|Location||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
The Saint Petersburg Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design, named again in post-Soviet Russia after its founder Alexander von Stieglitz and known in Soviet times as the Leningrad Vera Mukhina Higher School of Art and Design, was set up in Saint Petersburg in 1876 as the Baron Alexander von Stieglitz's School of Technical Drawing. In 1945, by decision of the Soviet Government School of Technical Drawing, it was re-established as the College of Art and Design which provides training in the monumental, decorative and industrial arts. In 1948 it became the Leningrad Higher School of Art and Industry. Vera Mukhina (the monumentalist author of Worker and Kolkhoz Woman), whose name had been a symbol of Soviet art, was not considered after the collapse of the Soviet Union personally linked to the school, and the educational establishment was renamed after its originator.
Today the Academy has 1 500 plus students and 200 professors and professional specialties teachers and instructors.
The Academy has two faculties: the Faculty of Design, and the Faculty of Monumental and Decorative Art. Each faculty has its own unique set of departments
The faculty of Design comprises the following departments:
- Fashion (Costume) Design
- Industrial Design
- Furniture Design
- Environmental Design
- Graphic Design
- Design of Interior and Equipment
The faculty of Monumental and Decorative Art comprises the following departments:
- Monumental and Decorative Sculpture
- Monumental and Decorative Painting
- Artistic Textiles
- Painting and Restoration
- Artistic Metal
- Glass and Ceramics
- Theory and History of Art
- Book Binding
- Professor Valerian D Kirhoglani
- Professor Margarita S Stieglitz
- Professor Kolkushin
- Professor Muraviev
- "Деканат факультета "Дизайн"". www.ghpa.ru. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "Деканат факультета "Монументально-декоративное искусство"". www.ghpa.ru. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Штиглица, Академия. "Арт-бизнес в Академии Штиглица". www.ghpa.ru. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Штиглица, Академия. "Центр инновационных образовательных проектов". www.ghpa.ru. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Art and Industry Academy Stieglitz.|