|Former editors||Dara Caponigro|
|Founder||Lisa Newsom and Charles Ross|
|Based in||New York City|
Veranda is a lifestyle magazine with a focus on the home, and had a circulation of 476,539 copies in 2012. It is a resource for living well, from decorating and architecture to fashion and beauty. The magazine is one of the Hearst Corporation's shelter magazine titles, alongside Elle Décor and House Beautiful. Its headquarters is in New York City.
History and profile
Founded in 1987 by Lisa Newsom and Charles Ross, the magazine originally focused on decor, gardens, and jewellery coverage. It also covered articles on interior design. The magazine was started by Veranda Publications, Inc., an Atlanta-based company, as a quarterly publication. In 1999 the frequency was switched to bimonthly. In May 2002 the magazine was acquired by Hearst Corporation. Lisa Newsom continued to serve as the editor-in-chief of the magazine after the acquisition.
The content of the magazine was also expanded into luxury travel under the direction of editor-in-chief Dara Caponigro. Caponigro took the helm at Veranda in April 2010, after several editorial positions at domino, House Beautiful, and Elle Décor. In 2010, Jennifer Levene-Bruno replaced original publisher, Sims Bray, who continued as a consultant at Veranda until the end of that year.
- "Circulation Distribution". Veranda Media Kit. Veranda Publications. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- Caponigro, Dara. "Veranda Editorial Mission". Veranda Media Kit. Veranda Publications. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
- "Magazines. Veranda". Hearst. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "The Hearst Corporation Announces Purchase of Veranda Magazine". Hearst Corporation. New York. 31 May 2002. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- David Carr (1 June 2002). "Hearst Buys Veranda Magazine for Undisclosed Price". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Hearst magazines names three editors-in-chief: Stephen Drucker to lead Town&country; Newell Turner becomes editor-in-chief of House beautiful; Dara Caponigro named editor-in-chief of Veranda". Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
- Sherrill, Marcia. "Introspective: Dara Caponigro". Introspective Magazine. 1st Dibs. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
- Caponigro, Dara. "New Publisher of Veranda announced: Jennifer Levene-Bruno". The Editor at Large. Retrieved 6 July 2012.