|Imperial consort of the Ottoman Sultan|
|Tenure||1844 – 25 June 1861|
Sukhumi, Abkhazia, Ottoman Empire
|Died||9 December 1889
Feriye Palace, Istanbul, Ottoman Empire
|Burial||Yeni Mosque, Istanbul|
|Issue||Șehzade Ahmed Kemaleddin
|House||Anchabadze (by birth)|
|Father||Kaytuk Giorgi Achba|
Verdicenan Kadın was born in the Anchabadze family, in Sukhumi, Abkhazia. Her personal name was Saliha. Her father was Kaytuk Giorgi Bey Achba (1793–1848) and her mother was Yelizaveta Hanım (1795–1843). She had two brothers, Islam Bey and Ahmet Bey, and two sisters, Peremrüz Hanım and Embruvaz Hanım. She was the paternal grandaunt of Pesend Hanım, consort of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
In 1843 Saliha left her city of birth and arrived at Istanbul. In 1844, Saliha, married for a political alliance, Abdülmecid at the Old Çırağan Palace, Istanbul. The marriage proposal was put forth by Verdicenan's father, Kaytuk Giorgi Bey, and was accepted by Abdülmecid which led to their betrothal. She was granted the rank of Sixth Primary Consort under the name Verdicenan (وردجنان آلتینجی قادين). Her whole family was ennobled, father, brothers and nephews. The most notorious were her brother, Islam Bey's son Rasim Bey, who was given the position of doctor in the palace and her brother Ahmet Bey's son Osman Pasha, who was given the position of aide at Sultan Abdülaziz's palace.
On 9 December 1844, she gave birth to Münire Sultan, when the courth moved to the Topkapı Palace for a brief period. In August 1845, she was promoted to the rank of Fifth Primary Consort (وردجنان بشنجی قادين). On 3 December 1847, she gave birth to Şehzade Ahmed Kemaleddin, at the Old Çıragan Palace. In November 1851 she was promoted to the rank of Fourth Primary Consort (وردجنان درتنجی قادين). In October 1852 she was further promoted to the rank of Third Primary Consort (وردجنان اوچنجی قادين).
Last years and death
- Sicilli Osmani (1890) by Süreyya Bey, Mehmet, 1845–1909
- Osman Selaheddin Osmanoğlu, Ertuğrul Osman (1999). Osmanli Devleti'nin Kuruluşunun 700. Yılında Osmanlı Hanedanı. Islâm Tarih, Sanat ve Kültür Araştırma Vakfı. ISBN 978-9-757-87408-9.
- Ali Vâsıb (2004). Bir Şehzadenin hâtırâtı: vatan ve menfâda gördüklerim ve işittiklerim. YKY. ISBN 978-9-750-80878-4.
- Harun Açba (2007). Kadın Efendiler: 1839–1924. Profil. ISBN 978-9-759-96109-1.
- İlk Türk kadın ressam: Mihri Rasim (Müşfik) Açba : 1886 İstanbul-1954 New-York. As Yayın. 2007. ISBN 978-9-750-17250-2.
- Bir Çerkes prensesinin harem hatıraları. L & M. 2004. ISBN 978-9-756-49131-7.
- The Concubine, the Princess, and the Teacher: Voices from the Ottoman Harem. University of Texas Press. 2010. pp. 144–47. ISBN 978-0-292-78335-5.
- Genealogy Of The Imperial Ottoman Family (2005)
- Fanny Davis (1986). The Ottoman Lady: A Social History from 1718 to 1918. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 6. ISBN 978-0-313-24811-5.
- Yılmaz Öztuna (1989). İslâm devletleri: devletler ve hanedanlar. Kültür Bakanlığı. ISBN 978-9-751-70469-6.
- M. Çağatay Uluçay (2011). Padişahların kadınları ve kızları. Ötüken. ISBN 978-9-754-37840-5.