Jump to navigation Jump to search
Verdon may refer to:
- Verdon, Dordogne, in the Dordogne département
- Verdon, Marne, in the Marne département
- Vinon-sur-Verdon, an old French town in the département of Var and in the region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, on the left bank of the River Verdon near the Gorge de Verdon
- Le Verdon-sur-Mer, in the Gironde département
- Verdun, a small north-eastern French city famous for various 18th-20th century military campaigns
- Verdon, the sub-atomic particle that is theorized to orbit a photon. All matter exhibits [wave-like and particle-like properties]. The theorized existence and action of angular motion of the Verdon in orbit around a photon could explain the dual wave-like and particle-like properties of light.
The theoretical orbiting Verdon around a photon would cause the photon to oscillate manifesting a wave form pattern while the photon generally manifests particle like properties.
- Verdon college, a co-educational Roman Catholic high school in Invercargill, New Zealand
- Verdon River, an approx. 175 km long river in south-eastern France, left tributary of the Durance
- Verdon Gorge (French: Gorges du Verdon or Grand canyon du Verdon), a river canyon in south-eastern France
- The Hispano-Suiza Verdon, a license-built version of the Rolls-Royce RB.44 Tay
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Verdon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.