She was born in Bern and moved to Berlin in 1968 to become a physical therapist and study sociology at the Free University of Berlin. Her first book Häutungen (Shedding) (1975) was based on her experiences living in Berlin. In 1980, she published a book of poems Mit Füßen, mit Flügeln (With feet, with wings).
With Gabriele Meixner, she has published German translations of Dream of a Common Language by Adrienne Rich and Lesbian Peoples by Monique Wittig. Stefan has also published essays on writing for Die Zeit and Frauenoffensive.
- Sandford, John (2013). Encyclopedia of Contemporary German Culture. pp. 581–82. ISBN 1136816038.
- Altbach, Edith H (1984). German Feminism: Readings in Politics and Literature. p. 383. ISBN 0873958411.
- Wilson, Katharina M (1991). An Encyclopedia of Continental Women Writers. Volume 1. p. 1137. ISBN 0824085477.
- Cocalis, Susan L (1986). German Feminist Poems from the Middle Ages to the Present: A Bilingual Anthology. p. 181. ISBN 0935312536.
- L-Mag.de: Die Hochzeiten, Verlobungen, Regenbogenbabies und Abschiede 2017 (german)
|This article about a German writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|