Verena von Strenge
|Verena Adam von Strenge|
Verena von Strenge|
July 27, 1975
|Education||Diploma in Psychology and Ergonomics 2009|
|Alma mater||Technical University of Berlin|
|Occupation||Singer, Dancer, Entertainer, Director of Human Resources|
Von Strenge loved dance since she was very young. At the age of five, she was taught classical dance by her grandmother who was a former ballerina. However, von Strenge had to give up her plans of being a professional dancer due to knee problems.
Von Strenge initially started her music career with the German happy hardcore dance group Dune as a dancer and singer during live performances. At the time (1995), Dune consisted of Oliver Froning, Jens Oettrich and Bernd Burhoff but in 1996, a new line was formed for the release of their second album, Expedicion, von Strenge become the group’s lead vocalist.
After recording three albums with Dune (Expedicion, Live! and Forever), von Strenge left the group in 1997 to pursue a career as a solo singer. She released three singles: Finally Alone, Heartbeat and Part of Your World.
In 1999, von Strenge rejoined Dune and at the end of the year the single Dark Side Of The Moon was released. Von Strenge also recorded other tracks for Dune, Heaven, Back To The Future, Here I Am and Space Invaders. The single release of Heaven was stopped due a court injection, but the other tracks were eventually released on Dune's greatest hits album, History.
In 2002, von Strenge restarted her solo career, but the single was never released.
In 2005, von Strenge worked as an assistant for German music label 313 Music.
In 2009, von Strenge successfully finished her Diploma in Psychology and Ergonomics at the Technical University of Berlin. Von Strenge currently lives and works in Berlin and as of 2011 works as the Director of Human Resources at Plista GmbH. In 2012, von Strenge married and now goes by the name Verena Adam von Strenge.
(in the German band Dune)
- 1996 Expedicion (Million Miles from Home, Expedicion, Lost in Space, So Beautiful, Around the World, Rainbow to the Stars, In My Dreams, Hand in Hand)
- 1996 Live!
- 1997 Forever (Who Wants to Live Forever, Somebody, Against All Odds, Sea Song, The Power of Love, Nothing Compares 2 U, Hide and Seek, Winter Kills)
- 2000 History (Rainbow to the Stars, Hand in Hand, Million Miles from Home, Who Wants To Live Forever, Nothing Compares 2 U, Dark Side of the Moon, Back to the Future, Here I Am, Space Invaders)
(in the German band Dune)
- 1996 Rainbow to the Stars
- 1996 Hand in Hand
- 1996 Million Miles from Home
- 1996 Who Wants to Live Forever
- 1997 Nothing Compares 2 U
- 1997 Somebody (Promo only)
- 1999 Dark Side of the Moon
- 2000 Heaven (Not officially released due to court injunction, but promo copies are available and the official video is on YouTube.)
- 2003 Rainbow to the Stars 2003
- 1997 Finally Alone
- 1998 Heartbeat
- 1998 Part of Your World
- 1998 Sky (Follow Me) (never released)
- 2002 Rain & Tears
- 2007 Angels (under the name Moon Dust)
- "Volker Neumüller ruft "Stunde der Spezialisten" aus". MusicWoche.
- "Moon Dust". Discogs.