Vergennes Township, Jackson County, Illinois
Location in Jackson County
Jackson County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||37.36 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Water||0.76 sq mi (2.0 km2) 2.03%|
|Elevation||410 ft (125 m)|
|• Density||21.1/sq mi (8.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62274, 62832, 62932, 62966, 62994|
|GNIS feature ID||0429865|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.36 square miles (96.8 km2), of which 36.6 square miles (95 km2) (or 97.97%) is land and 0.76 square miles (2.0 km2) (or 2.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Grubbs at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Elk Township (east)
- DeSoto Township (southeast)
- Somerset Township (south)
- Levan Township (southwest)
- Ora Township (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Parrish and Tuthill.
- Elverado Community Unit School District 196
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 115
- State Senate District 58
- "Vergennes Township, Jackson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.