Verified is a United Nations project to improve access to accurate information.
In the project the United Nations seeks to organize a network of millions of online volunteers to curate and fact check information online.
The project is especially concerned with online distribution of information.
India has expressed special interest in the project and is an organizer of it along with 12 other countries.
- Edith M., Lederer (22 May 2020). "UN seeks millions of people to counter virus misinformation". AP NEWS.
- Besheer, Margaret (21 May 2020). "UN Launches Effort to Counter COVID-19 Misinformation". Voice of America.
- Stephenson, Joan (1 June 2020). "United Nations Seeks to Counter COVID-19 Misinformation with Digital First Responders". JAMA Health Forum. pp. e200700–e200700. doi:10.1001/jamahealthforum.2020.0700.
- "India leads initiative at UN to counter misinformation on COVID-19". Deccan Chronicle. 14 June 2020.
- "UN launches new initiative to fight COVID-19 misinformation through 'digital first responders'". UN News. 21 May 2020.