Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre (Maryland Heights, Missouri)
|Former names||Riverport Amphitheatre
UMB Bank Pavilion
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis
|Address||14141 Riverport Dr|
|Location||Maryland Heights, Missouri|
|Opened||June 14, 1991|
The Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre (originally Riverport Amphitheatre and formerly UMB Bank Pavilion and Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis) is a 7,000-seat outdoor concert venue, with lawn seating for another 13,000, making it a 20,000 person capacity venue. It is located at 14141 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Missouri, near St. Louis, one mile west of the I-270 and I-70 interchange, at I-70 and Earth City Expressway South (exit 231A).
Venue owner Live Nation announced Dec 17, 2014 that they had signed a multiyear agreement with Hollywood Casino in Maryland Heights, which is owned and operated by Penn National Gaming, to be the amphitheater's title sponsor. The length of the agreement was not disclosed.
On July 23, 2010, Kings of Leon abruptly ended their set, after only three songs, allegedly being pelted with feces by pigeons while onstage. The band gave fans their money back and later announced a makeup show. The new date was scheduled to be on September 25, 2010. Tickets were free for those who attended their last show and were $10.00 for other fans planning on attending.
The amphitheatre has played host to many music festivals, including 60's Summer Spectacular, All That! Music and More Festival, Anger Management Tour, Crüe Fest, Crüe Fest 2, Family Values Tour, Farm Aid, H.O.R.D.E. Festival, Honda Civic Tour, Lilith Fair, Lollapalooza, Mayhem Festival, Ozzfest, Pointfest, Projekt Revolution, Uproar Festival and Vans Warped Tour.
- "Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre - St. Louis, MO". Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Richmond, D; Schankman, S. (2008): "Produced By Contemporary", pp. 201-202, Virginia Publishing Co., St. Louis. ISBN 978-1-891442-47-6
- Richmond, D; Schankman, S. (2008): "Produced By Contemporary", p. 207, Virginia Publishing Co., St. Louis. ISBN 978-1-891442-47-6
- Contemporary bought by SFX for $90 million
- "UMB Bank acquires naming rights to Riverport Amphitheatre", "St. Louis Business Journal", February 13, 2002.
- "Verizon buys naming rights to Riverport venue", "St. Louis Business Journal", November 15, 2006.