Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund Stuttgart
The Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund Stuttgart (VVS) is a regional transport cooperative that coordinates tickets and fares among all transport operators in the metropolitan area of Stuttgart in Germany. Besides the city of Stuttgart, the VVS area encompasses the districts of Böblingen, Esslingen, Ludwigsburg, and Rems-Murr-Kreis.
The VVS coordinates tickets and fares amongst:
- The Stuttgart Stadtbahn, operated by Stuttgarter Straßenbahnen AG (SSB).
- The Stuttgart bus network, operated by, or under contract to, SSB.
- The Stuttgart S-Bahn, operated by a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn AG (DBAG).
- Interregio-Express/Regionalbahn/Regional-Express services, operated by DB Regio Baden-Württemberg, where they run within the VVS area.
- "Mobility by bus and rail in Metropolitan Stuttgart". Verkehrs und Tarifverbund Stuttgart. Archived from the original on January 1, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2007.
- Official web site of the VVS (comprehensive version in German)
- Official web site of the VVS (subset in English)
- Network map of the area covered by VVS tariffs
- Geographic data related to Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund Stuttgart at OpenStreetMap
|This article about transport in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|