Vermilion High School
|Vermilion High School
|1250 Sanford Street
Vermilion, Ohio, (Erie County)(students from Lorain county also), 44089
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Principal||Timothy A. Lamb|
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold |
|Athletics conference||West Shore Conference|
|Sports||boys soccer, girls soccer, boys tennis, girls tennis, girls volleyball, football, cross country, girls track, boys track, girls basketball, boys basketball, baseball, softball, marching band|
|Rival||Firelands Falcons, Clearview Clippers.|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Athletic Director||Phil Brickner |
|Website||Vermilion High School|
The school colors are purple and gold. The sports teams are nicknamed the Sailors. The rivalry game between the Sailors and their arch rivals, the Firelands Falcons, is by far the most important game of the year for both teams. With the two High Schools being only 10 miles apart, the rivalry has a Carolina-Duke feel to it. Many of the students at each high school know students from the other high school, and when these two schools face off, especially in Football and Basketball, both communities show an immense amount of passion and excitement for the game.
- Allie LaForce, 2005 Miss Teen USA. Current sports reporter for CBS.
- Andy Oliver, Professional Pitcher in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization.
Notes and references
- "Student/Parent Handbook 2014-2015" (PDF). Vermillion High School. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.[dead link]
- "Members of the Association". North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
|This Erie County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|