Vermillion Literary Project Magazine
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Marcella Remund|
University of South Dakota Press (USA)
The Vermillion Literary Project Magazine is an award-winning American literary magazine distributed by the University of South Dakota. The student-produced journal has been in publication since 1982 and is the culmination of the Vermillion Literary Project.
The annual journal publishes art, essays and short stories that center on a regional theme, but make exceptions for distinguished work from world-wide submissions. The journal receives thousands of submissions annually and has an acceptance rate of 1%, with a large number of acceptances coming from work produced about experiences in South Dakota.
The Vermillion Literary Project Magazine publishes works centered on a specific theme that changes each year, and the journal is edited entirely by USD students, while faculty advises the process.
- "Vermillion Literary Project Papers, 1982-1999" (PDF). I. D. Weeks Library Archives and Special Collections. University of South Dakota. Archived from the original (pdf) on April 28, 2013. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "title unknown". Retrieved 2012-08-04.[not in citation given](Search engine results page)
- Bedard, Brian, ed. (1997). "The South Dakota Face". South Dakota review. University of South Dakota.
- "Organizations". litline.org. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Smith, Mary Ann (June 1996). "The National Writing Project after 22 Years". The Phi Delta Kappan. 77 (10): 688–692. JSTOR 20405682.
- Gannon, Michelle Rogge (May–June 2001). "Traveling with the E-Anthology: Arkansas Poem Finds Its Way to South Dakota Literary Magazine". The Voice. 6 (3). National Writing Project.