Vermillion Township, Vermillion County, Indiana
Location in Vermillion County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||50.98 sq mi (132.0 km2)|
|• Land||50.51 sq mi (130.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.47 sq mi (1.2 km2) 0.92%|
|Elevation||614 ft (187 m)|
|• Density||18.3/sq mi (7.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47847, 47854 47928, 47966|
|GNIS feature ID||453954|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 50.98 square miles (132.0 km2), of which 50.51 square miles (130.8 km2) (or 99.08%) is land and 0.47 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 0.92%) is water.
The township contains twelve cemeteries: Carmack, Johnson, Johnson, Juliet, Lebanon, Memorial Chapel, Miller, Old Hopewell, Thomas, Walnut Hill, Wimsett and Zener.
- Newport Chemical Depot
- The Newport Covered Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
- North Vermillion Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 42
- State Senate District 38
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Parke and Vermillion Counties, Indiana. B.F. Bowen & Cos. 1913. p. 423.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
||Love Township, Vermilion County, Illinois||Eugene Township||Liberty Township, Parke County|
|Prairie Township, Edgar County, Illinois||Reserve Township, Parke County|