Harnish in 2013
|Other names||Growth Guy|
|Alma mater||Wichita State University|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Organizer, writer, columnist|
|Known for||Success literary works|
Verne C. Harnish is founder of the Young Entrepreneurs' Organization (YEO), now known as Entrepreneurs' Organization, and the Association of Collegiate Entrepreneurs. He also serves as co-founder and principal of Growth Institute and as founder and chief executive officer of Scaling Up. He chairs the "Birthing of Giants" leadership program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the MIT/WEO Advanced Business Program for entrepreneurs over 40.
Harnish is an author of the following two books:
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits (2002)
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It...and Why the Rest Don't (2018)
Harnish's books have been criticized for rewording established business practices to label them as his own and using his books primarily to sell consulting services and lectures through Gazelles, inc., a company Harnish owns.
- Pimsleur, Julia. "3 Questions To Stay Cutting Edge in Business". Forbes. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Medina, Alejandro (September 26, 2017). "10 consejos de Verne Harnish para crear scaleups". Forbes México (in Spanish). Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- "Entrepreneurs Have A 'Superman Complex' That Holds Them Back". Business Insider. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Whiting, Rick. "The Right Compensation Model". CRN. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- "Verne Harnish". Fast Company. October 31, 1999. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "Verne Harnish's 4 Secrets to Building a Business That Lasts Forever". Inc.com. January 22, 2018. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "Author Ram Charan on how businesses can improve their execution". Fortune. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Bowen, John (October 26, 2015). "The 4 Things Every Entrepreneur Must Get Right". HuffPost. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- "ENTREPRENEURS: THE NEW HEROES". Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Bio at Gazelles.com
- Verne Harnish, the 'Growth Guy' at Gazelles.com
- Verne Harnish at BusinessNews.com.au
- How To Save Your Business From Near Disaster In A Down Market. – With Verne Harnish (April 30, 2009), Mixergy.com
- Verne Harnish’s Pearls of Entrepreneurial Wisdom: A Global Perspective (2012), Successful Culture
- The High-Growth Conundrum: Q&A with the ‘Growth Guy’, Verne Harnish by Bennett Voyles (November 2, 2012), CKGSB Knowledge
- Retraite Barcelona/Sitges, Verne Harnish (June 19, 2013), Entrepreneurs' Organization Netherlands