|• Mayor||Jim Watson|
|• MP||Pierre Poilievre|
|• MPP||Goldie Ghamari|
|• Councillors||George Darouze|
|Elevation||80 m (260 ft)|
|Canada 2011 Census|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
Churches and Temple
- Osgoode Baptist Church
- Osgoode Presbyterian Church
- St. George's Anglican Church
- Vernon United Church
- Canada Ottawa Amitabha
The Vernon branch of the Ottawa Public Library makes its home in an 1882 heritage building that was the community's one-room schoolhouse. It was recently renovated to have a new washroom and bell tower. The library has a wheelchair ramp.
Vernon is the home of the Osgoode Township Historical Society and Museum. It was founded by a group of dedicated senior citizens working with a New Horizons grant. The collection has grown tremendously and the Society now operates a Museum and Archives housed in two buildings with over 10,000 square feet (930 m2) of display space. The large body of archival material and artifacts reflect the agricultural history of the Township of Osgoode.
Effective Oct 1, 2017 Vernon has no post office. Residents collect their mail in Community Mail Boxes (CMBs) located in the parking lot of the Vernon Rec Centre (east end of the village) . Items that are too large for the CMBs are brought to the post office in Metcalfe, north of Vernon.
Formerly the Vernon post office was located in the old Ford Motor dealership.
- Government of Canada, Natural Resources Canada. "Place names - Vernon". 4.rncan.gc.ca. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- Population calculated by combining Dissemination Blocks 3506146210, 3506146211, 3506146201, 3506146107, 3506146207, 3506146108, 3506146112, 3506146110, 3506146109, 3506146204, 3506146205, 3506146203, 3506146202, 3506146111
- "Osgoode Presbyterian Church - A presbyterian community located in Vernon, Ontario". Web.archive.org. 14 November 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "渥太华弥陀寺". Amtb-ottawa.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
|This article relating to Ottawa and to Canada's National Capital Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|