|Reference style||The Right Reverend|
|Spoken style||My Lord|
Vernon Sampson Nicholls (1917–1996) was an Anglican clergyman who served in the Church of England as the Bishop of Sodor and Man from 1974 to 1983.
He was born in Truro  on 3 September 1917  and educated at Truro School and Durham University. He studied for ordination at Clifton Theological College, was ordained in 1941, and held Curacies at Bedminster Down, Bristol, and at Liskeard in Cornwall. He was a temporary Chaplain to the Forces from 1944 to 1946. Later he was Vicar of Meopham then Rural Dean of Walsall. From 1967 to 1974 he was Archdeacon of Birmingham when he was elevated to the Episcopate. From 1980 he was also Dean of the newly created Peel Cathedral. He died on 2 February 1996 in Stratford-on-Avon.
- Debrett's People of Today: Ed Ellis, P (1992, London, Debrett's) p 1485 ISBN 1-870520-09-2)
- The Times, Friday, Apr 29, 1983; pg. 14; Issue 61519; col A Bishop of Sodor and Man to retire
- “Priests And Prelates: The Daily Telegraph Clerical Obituaries” Beeson, T.R: London, Continuum, 2002 ISBN 978-0-8264-6337-1
- ”Who's Who 1992“ p1370 (London, A & C Black ISBN 0-7136-3514-2)
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1947-48 Oxford, OUP, 1947 p958
- Independent obituary
- Residents of Renown Archived June 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bishops of Sodor and Man Archived May 31, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
George Eric Gordon
|Bishop of Sodor and Man
Arthur Henry Attwell
|This article about the Isle of Man is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|