Vernon Township, Hancock County, Indiana
Location in Hancock County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.33 sq mi (81.1 km2)|
|• Land||31.26 sq mi (81.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||352.1/sq mi (135.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453955|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.33 square miles (81.1 km2), of which 31.26 square miles (81.0 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Green Township, Madison County (northeast)
- Green Township (east)
- Center Township (southeast)
- Buck Creek Township (south)
- Lawrence Township, Marion County (west)
- Fall Creek Township, Hamilton County (northwest)
Vernon Township contains four cemeteries: Gillium-Chappel, McCordsville, Cauldwell-Brokaw, and the Caudell-Simmons
- U.S. Route 36
- Indiana State Road 13
- Indiana State Road 67
- Indiana State Road 234
- Indiana State Road 238 Now called Southeastern Parkway
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Richman, George J. (1916). History of Hancock County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. Wm. Mitchell Printing Company. p. 783.
- Binford, John H. (1882). History of Hancock County, Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement by the "pale Face," in 1818, Down to 1882. King & Binford. p. 311.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Hancock County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|