Veronica Falls in 2011.
|Genres||Indie pop, indie rock|
|Labels||Slumberland, Bella Union, Captured Tracks|
|Associated acts||Ultimate Painting|
Veronica Falls were an English indie pop band that formed in London in 2009. The band consisted of Roxanne Clifford and James Hoare, both on vocals and guitar, Marion Herbain on bass guitar and Patrick Doyle on drums and backing vocals. The members of the band were formerly in the bands The Royal We and Sexy Kids. The band released several singles in the United Kingdom and the United States throughout 2010.
Formation and early work (2009-2010)
In 2009, Roxanne Clifford and Patrick Doyle from Sexy Kids teamed up with James Hoare of Your Twenties. Clifford and Doyle met Hoare at a Comet Gain show. After a meeting with Hoare, their friend Marion Herbain accepted to join the band to form Veronica Falls as it is now.
Veronica Falls (2011)
After releasing their first two singles, the band recorded with veteran producer Guy Fixsen. They released their debut album Veronica Falls in September 2011 on Slumberland Records in the United States and Bella Union in the European Union, to generally favorable reviews. The album was preceded by the release of a single, "Bad Feeling", in August 2011.
Waiting for Something to Happen (2013)
In February 2013, the band released their second album, Waiting for Something to Happen. It was co-produced by Rory Attwell. The album's release was preceded by the "My Heart Beats" and "Teenage" singles in 2012. A music video for "Teenage" was released in November 2012.
Since 2014, individual members of the band have been involved in separate projects. James Hoare formed The Proper Ornaments with Max Claps and released the album Wooden Heads in 2014. He then co-lead the band Ultimate Painting until the band's split in February 2018. Drummer Patrick Doyle worked under the name Boys Forever and released a self-titled album on 5 August 2016. Singer Roxanne Clifford began to release music as Patience in 2016. Patrick Doyle died on 4 March 2018.
- Roxanne Clifford - lead vocals, guitar
- Marion Herbain - bass
- James Hoare - guitar, vocals
- Patrick Doyle - drums, vocals (deceased)
- 5 Demos (2011)
- Six Covers EP, vinyl on Rough Trade (2011) US tour CD (2012)
- Demos + More, cassette limited Veronica Falls/Brilliant Colors split (2012)
- Six Covers Vol. 2, vinyl on Rough Trade (2013) US tour CD (2013)
|"Found Love in a Graveyard"||9 February 2010||Veronica Falls||Digital download and 7" record|
|"Beachy Head"||21 September 2010|
|"Bad Feeling"||30 August 2011|
|"My Heart Beats"||3 April 2012||Waiting for Something to Happen||7" black & white splatter record|
|"Teenage"||17 December 2012||7" record & Digital|
|"Waiting For Something To Happen"||18 June 2013|
|"Broken Toy"||22 October 2013|
- "Veronica Falls - Live At The Lexington | Clash Music Live Gig Concert or Festival Review". Clashmusic.com. 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- Reges, Margaret (2011-09-20). "Veronica Falls - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- "Veronica Falls Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- "Veronica Falls Announce New Album "Waiting For Something To Happen" For February 2013". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- "An Interview with The Proper Ornaments".
- "Patrick Doyle talks Boys Forever; listen to new single "Cold Is The Colour"".
- Breihan, Tom (2016-04-25). "Patience – "The Church" Video". Stereogum.
- Moore, Sam. "Tributes paid to Veronica Falls drummer Patrick Doyle, who has died". NME.com. Retrieved 4 March 2018.