|Women's cross-country skiing|
|Representing East Germany|
|1980 Lake Placid||4 x 5 km|
|1976 Innsbruck||4 x 5 km|
|1980 Falun||20 km|
|1974 Falun||4 x 5 km|
|1982 Oslo||4 x 5 km|
Veronika Hesse (née Schmidt; born August 24, 1952 in Harzgerode) is a former East German cross-country skier who competed from 1974 to 1982. She won two 4 × 5 km medals at the Winter Olympics with a gold in Lake Placid and a bronze in Innsbruck.
Schmidt also won a complete set medals at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships with a gold in the 20 km (1980), a silver in the 4 × 5 km (1974), and a bronze in the 4 × 5 km (1982).
- Veronika Hesse at the International Ski Federation
- Veronika Schmidt at the International Ski Federation
- World Championship results (in German)
- Veronika Hesse at the International Olympic Committee
- Veronika Hesse-Schmidt at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
|This biographical article relating to German cross-country skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|