Versailles High School
|Versailles High School|
|459 South Center Street
Versailles, Ohio, (Darke County), 45380
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Versailles Exempted Village Schools|
|Color(s)||Orange and Black |
|Athletics conference||Midwest Athletic Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Athletic Director||Doug Giere|
Versailles High School is a public high school in Versailles, Ohio, Darke county. The principal of the building is Roger McEldowney. It is the only high school in the Versailles Exempted Village Schools district. The mascot is the tiger. They are a member of the Midwest Athletic Conference. Versailles high school offers grades 7-12. According to the Public School Review website, there are twenty-three teachers and four hundred seven students with a teacher/student ratio of 1:18. Accessed 2015-11-08.
A new building, intended to house all grades, was officially opened as of the 2010-2011 school year. According to the district Superintendent, Mr. David Vail, as of 2008, enrollment throughout the district had been steady for the past five years averaging about 1400 students per year, and the enrollment number was then projected to increase slightly over the next three years. Accessed 2009-07-09.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Versailles High School is a top contender in numerous varsity sports with state championships in football and cross-country most recently.
- Boys Football – 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2003 
- Boys Baseball – 1965 
- Girls Cross Country – 2003, 2007 
- Girls Basketball - 2008, 2015 
- Girls Track and Field - 2010, 2012, 2013 
- Girls Volleyball - 2013 
In 2003, Versailles HS tied with St. Henry High School and Coldwater for the second-most state football championships in Ohio by a public school (6) since the introduction of the current playoff system in 1972 (2 behind fellow MAC school Marion Local (Maria Stein) at 8).
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on November 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Versailles High School Profile | Versailles, Ohio (OH)
- Building For Our Future, Versailles Exempted Village Schools, 2008. Accessed 2009-07-09. Archived September 23, 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Our Mission Statement (archived from the original on 2008-05-29)
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- http://ohsaa.org/news/sports/2013-OHSAAfootballRelease7.pdf, Page 5, Accessed 12/7/13