Versailles Township, Brown County, Illinois
Location in Brown County
Brown County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 8, 1853|
|• Total||36.7 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.06 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.64 sq mi (1.7 km2) 1.74%|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
|• Density||20.8/sq mi (8.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62353, 62378|
|GNIS feature ID||0429869|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.7 square miles (95 km2), of which 36.06 square miles (93.4 km2) (or 98.26%) is land and 0.64 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 1.74%) is water.
The township contains these fifteen cemeteries: Arnold, Casteen, Dawson, Hall, Hambaugh, Lavina Henry, Martin, Mount Zion, Robison, Root, South Side, Suratt Burial Ground, Vandeventer, West Side and Woods.
Airports and landing strips
- Sneider Landing Strip
- Brown County Community Unit School District 1
- Meredosia-Chambersburg Community Unit School District 11
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Versailles Township, Brown County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Mount Sterling Township||Cooperstown Township|
|Elkhorn Township||Hagener Township, Cass County
Meredosia No. 1 Township, Morgan County
|Perry Township, Pike County||Chambersburg Township, Pike County|