Verse of Brotherhood
The current title of this article is disputed. (January 2017)
The "Verse of Brotherhood" (Arabic: آیة الاخوة, romanized: Āyat al-Ukhuwah) is the tenth verse of the Quranic chapter "Al-Hujurat". The verse is about brotherhood of believers with each other; which says: "the believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy (49:10)." 
Fundamental Islamic society motto is the believers are nothing else than brethren. The verse refers to equality between individuals and lack of difference in terms of ethnic group, tribe and race. It is suggested that the verse refers to the necessity of reforming between religious brothers. Brotherhood of believers in religion is another conception of the verse.
The Islamic prophet Muhammad instituted brotherhood between the emigrants and helpers and he chose Ali as his own brother. According to Shia this happened after the revelation of the verse of brotherhood.
English translation of the verse
إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ
The believers are nothing else than brothers. Therefore, make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to Allah that haply ye may obtain mercy.
Theme of Al-Hujurat chapter
The verses of Al-Hujurat is about behavior of Muslims in their community and teaches good morality and manners. One of the important message of the chapter is brotherhood and is essential to build a moral and ethical Islamic society. In Islamic community, all Muslims are brothers and these massages is revealed in the tenth verse of Al-Hujurat (the verse of brotherhood).
Concepts of brotherhood in the verse
Relationship between believers should be firm and bilateral. Two brothers are same as two hands washing each other. Conflicts among brothers are to be replaced by peace and sincerity. According to a Prophetic tradition: "Muslims are brethren, they never do wrong to each other, they never forgo supporting each other, they never abandon their brethren in hardships."  Imam Sadiq says: "Muslims are brethren and serves as each other’s eye and guide. They never betray each other. They never do wrong to each other. They never deceive each other. They never break their promises."
- The verse of Ikmal al-Din
- The verse of loan
- The verse of Wilayah
- The warning verse
- The verse of purification
- People of Ditch
- Muhammad in the Quran
- The verse of evil eye
- The obedience verse
- The verse of Mawadda
- Quran Surah Al-Hujuraat ( Verse 10 )
- Brotherhood in the Quran and Sunnah | Faith in Allah الإيمان بالله
- The Bonds of Brotherhood
- "Al-Hujurat chapter".
- "An Enlightening Commentary into the Light of the Holy Qur'an vol. 17".
- Subhani, Ayatullah Mirza Ja'far. The Islamic Moral System: Commentary of Surah al-Hujurat. Islamic Humanitarian Service (IHS).
- Tafsire Ibn Arabi, Vol.2, P.276
- Altahrir-Altanvir, Vol.26, P.20
- Tafsire Quran Alazim, Vol.7, P.350
- ʿALĪ B. ABĪ ṬĀLEB – Encyclopaedia Iranica
- Tafsire Noor, Vol. 9, P. 181
- "Al-Hujurat (49:10)". Quran Surah Al-Hujuraat ( Verse 10 )
- "Surah 49. Al-Hujurat".
- "TAFSEER SURAH AL-HUJURAT".
- "Tafseer of Surat al-Hujurat".
- "Translation of Quran In English - Surah Al-Hujurat".
- Usul Kafi, vol. 2.