Video game industry
|Products||The Banner Saga|
Guild of Dungeoneering
Versus Evil, LLC is a US-based independent video game publisher. The company was founded to help independent game developers be financially and creatively successful in the highly competitive video game market. Led by 20-year industry veteran Steve Escalante, formerly of Bethesda Softworks, Versus Evil's services include a full suite of publishing support, including brand marketing, community, social, public relations, creative, production, quality assurance, legal, distribution and other general business support. Versus Evil's staff is located in California, Texas, and Maryland.
On January 14, 2014, Versus Evil launched Stoic's role-playing strategy game, The Banner Saga, which received praise as one of the top indie titles of 2014. Versus Evil continued to spread its distribution throughout the globe by launching Dragons and Titans, a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena game, and the Steam Early Access version of Habitat, which it expects to launch at retail in 2015. In August 2014 at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, Versus Evil announced several key developer partnerships including Tangrin Studios based in the Netherlands, who are working on an action role-playing title, Kyn, and SwordTales, a Brazilian indie developer, who are working on their first video game, Toren, a puzzle platform adventure game. Also part of this announcement was the development of a sequel to the third-person action game Afro Samurai, currently called Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, being developed by indie developer Redacted Studios. In September 2014, Versus Evil launched their first mobile title by bringing The Banner Saga to the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
|2013||The Banner Saga: Factions||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|2014||The Banner Saga||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch|
|Dragons and Titans||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux|
|Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4|
|2015||Toren||Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 4|
|Guild of Dungeoneering||Microsoft Windows|
|Kyn||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
|Armikrog||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Skyshine's Bedlam||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4|
|2016||The Banner Saga 2||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch|
|Armikrog||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2017||Antihero||Microsoft Windows, OS X, iOS, Android|
|2018||Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux|
|The Banner Saga 3||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Nintendo Switch|
- Brendan Sinclair. "Banner Saga publisher Versus Evil sets up shop". GI Biz. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Craig Chapple. "Versus Evil: Publishers are still relevant to indies". Develop. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Cassandra Shaw. "The Banner Saga PC Review: Game of Thrones Meets Vikings Meets Disney". US Gamer. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "The Banner Saga PC Metacritic". Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- Suzie Ford. "Dragons & Titans: F2P MOBA Launches for PC & Mac". MMORPG.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Blaine Humphries. "Indie Stash Cast: Charles Cox of 4Gency Talks Habitat and the Benefits of ID@Xbox". Two Dash Stash. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- John Ledford. "Versus Evil Announces Afro Samurai Sequel, Kyn and More". Arcade Sushi. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Alex Co. "Dark Fantasy Adventure Game "Toren" to Launch on PS4 in 2015". PlayStation Lifestyle. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- Tracey Lien. "Afro Samurai 2 currently in development". Polygon. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Danny Cowan. "Afro Samurai Sequel Announced for PC and Consoles". Joystiq. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Mike Futter. "The Banner Saga waves it flag on iOS". Game Informer. Retrieved 2014-10-02.