|Venue||Dean's Blue Hole|
|Organised by||William Trubridge and AIDA International|
Origin ECN (2018)
Vertical Blue is a freediving competition which has been held annually in The Bahamas at Dean's Blue Hole since April 2008 by freediving world record holder William Trubridge. It is an AIDA International judged competition and has been the venue for multiple world and national records for athletes coming from countries all over the world.
Vertical Blue is also the name of the freediving school operated by William Trubridge at Dean's Blue Hole.
Vertical Blue 2008
Vertical Blue 2008 was announced in February 2008 and was held from 1 to 11 April in the same year. It was attended by competitors from Brazil, Canada, Columbia, France, Japan, New Zealand, the Russian Federation, Switzerland and the United States. A total of 23 national and 3 world records were achieved.
Vertical Blue 2009
Vertical Blue 2009 was held from 1 to 9 April 2009 and was attended by competitors from Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, France, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Tunisia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Vertical Blue 2013
- "EVENT DETAILS Vertical Blue (2018)". AIDA International. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Haith, Sara-Lise (19 February 2008). "Trubridge announces first ever competition in Bahamas". Deeper Blue. deeperblue.net limited. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Event details, Vertical Blue 2008". AIDA International. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Freediving School". Vertical Blue. Vertical Blue. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Trubridge, William (April 2008). "DAY ELEVEN - it's a wrap (including Official Results)" (PDF). Vertical Blue. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Vertical Blue 2009 - Day 2. Sara Campbell World Record In Women's Constant Weight". sportalsub.net. www.websportsolutions.com. 2 April 2009. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Event info Vertical Blue 2009". AIDA International. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Skolnick, Adam (November 17, 2013). "A Deep-Water Diver From Brooklyn Dies After Trying for a Record". The New York Times. Retrieved November 18, 2013.