In 2012, Rich Goldberg & Mitch Budin founded Vertical Entertainment, a film distribution company that releases films theatrically, through video on demand, and through home media. In May 2013, Vertical announced its plans to release 24 films per year, starting the same year. The company has collaborated with XYZ Films on films, including Holidays, Under the Shadow, and Headshot.
In November 2019, it was announced Vertical Entertainment would launch a U.K. distribution arm.
- "Vertical Entertainment Launches, Will Release 24 Titles Per Year". Deadline. May 8, 2013.
- "Vertical Entertainment". Accessed 2016-1-28
- Tartaglione, Nancy (January 25, 2016). "Vertical, XYZ In Global Pact For 'Under The Shadow'; Deal Covers Theatrical, VOD – Sundance". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Cox, Gordon (March 14, 2016). "'Holidays' Horror Anthology Grabbed for Release In Advance of Tribeca Film Festival Premiere". Variety. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Moore, Debi (November 11, 2015). "Headshot Being Distributed Globally by Vertical Entertainment and XYZ Films". DreadCentral.com. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Wiseman, Andreas (November 6, 2019). "Vertical Entertainment Launches UK Distribution Arm With Genre Slate Including 'Polaroid', 'Jacob's Ladder' Remake, 'Only' & More — AFM". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 24, 2020.