|Alma mater||Helsinki University of Technology|
|Known for||Fractional Delay Filters|
|Awards||IEEE Fellow, AES Fellow|
|Fields||Synthesis and processing of audio signals|
|Institutions||Helsinki University of Technology, Aalto University|
|Thesis||Discrete-Time Modeling of Acoustic Tubes Using Fractional Delay Filters (1995)|
|Doctoral advisor||Matti Karjalainen|
Vesa Välimäki (born 1968) is a Finnish acoustics researcher and a professor at Aalto University 2002–.  He was appointed a docent in audio signal processing at Helsinki University of Technology in 1999–2002 and a full professor in 2002. 
Awards and honors
- a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE Signal Processing Society) (2014) 
- a Fellow of the Audio Engineering Society (2012) 
- a Life Member of the Acoustical Society of Finland (2014) 
Välimäki studied at the Helsinki University of Technology, where he obtained a Master of Science in Technology in 1992, a Licentiate of Science in Technology in 1994, and a Doctor of Science in Technology in 1995. 
- "Selected Vesa Välimäki's publications (with links)". Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- "Scholar: Vesa Välimäki". Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- "Researchgate: Vesa Välimäki's publications". Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- "Web of Science ResearcherID: Vesa Välimäki". Retrieved August 4, 2019.