Rožič in 2008
|Born||March 24, 1987
Ljubljana, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Died||August 23, 2013 (Aged 26)
|Cause of death||peritoneal cancer|
|Title||Woman International Master (2006)|
Vesna Rožič (23 March 1987 – 23 August 2013) was a Slovenian chess player who was awarded the FIDE title of Woman International Master (WIM) in April 2006. Rožič was ranked the second best Slovenian female chess player after Anna Muzychuk and represented Slovenia in six Mitropa Cups, four European Championships and four Chess Olympiads. She won the Slovenian women's championship in 2007 and 2010. In 2007, she also became the Mediterranean women's champion in Antalya. Her FIDE rating was 2260, peakrating was 2310 in July 2011.
- Titles Approved by FIDE Presidential Board, Al Ain 2006 FIDE. Retrieved 24 October 2015
- "Slovenian WIM Vesna Rozic dies at 26". ChessBase. 2013-08-24. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- 2nd Mediterranean Individual Chess Championships. Mediterranean Chess Association.
- Vesna Rozic chess games and profile at Chess-DB.com
- Vesna Rozic player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vesna Rožič.|